Outreach materials can be found below.
Environmental Assessment Comment Period
The Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and the Utah Transit Authority (UTA) have prepared an Environmental Assessment (EA) for the proposed Provo-Orem Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) project. The EA is now available to review and public comments will be accepted from Janury 5, 2015, through February 7, 2015.
Hard copies of the EA are available for public review at the following locations:
- UTA FrontLines Headquarters, 669 West 200 South, Salt Lake City, Utah
- UTA Timpanogos Business Unit, 1110 South Geneva Road, Orem Utah
- Orem Public Library, 58 North State Street, Orem, Utah
- Provo City Library, 550 North University Avenue, Provo, Utah
- Orem City (Engineering Department), 56 North State Street, Orem, Utah
- Provo City (Engineering Department), 1377 South 350 East, Provo, Utah
- Mountainland Association of Governments, 586 East 800 North, Orem, Utah
- H.W. Lochner, 1245 East Brickyard Road, Suite 400, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Brigham Young University Library, 150 East 1230 North, Provo, Utah
- Utah Valley University Library, 800 West University Parkway, Orem, Utah
Comments may be submitted the following ways:
Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Provo Orem BRT
c/o H.W. Lochner
Attn: Carlye Sommers
1245 E. Brickyard Road #400
Salt Lake City, UT 84106
All comments must be postmarked or emailed to the project team by February 7, 2015.
The Federal Transit Administration (FTA), the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), the Utah Transit Authority (UTA), and the Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) in conjunction with Mountainland Association of Governments (MAG), are designing a new bus rapid transit (BRT) system through the cities of Provo and Orem in Utah County. The proposed project will include:
- Providing BRT service between the Orem Intermodal Center, UVU, BYU and the Provo Intermodal Center.
- Capacity improvements to intersections on University Parkway.
- Approximately 51% of the BRT route will include exclusive bus only lanes.
- 17 stations with upgraded features such as real-time next bus information, shelters with seating and the ability to pay for fairs at stations.
- More reliable bus service with 5 minute frequency during peak hours.
UTA and UDOT are currently working together on the preliminary design of the project. This includes refinement of preferred EA alignment. Construction is dependent of funding.
The following materials are available for download.
Stakeholder Working Group Informational Packet
Provo City Council Meeting Materials:
BRT Info Sheet
Updated Corridor Map
Peak Hours BRT Frequency Video:
At this time we do not have any public events scheduled. Please check back for more information on events.
Have questions? Contact the project team at
801.415.5800 or email@example.com